Five Storytellers Bring The Amazon Jungle To NYC With Their Experiences Of Healed Illness, Mystical Insight and Spirit Guides Through The Brew Called Ayahuasca.
While shamans in the Amazon have accessed Ayahuasca’s gifts for centuries, only recently have spiritual seekers in the U.S. become aware of this sacred drink. Hear the stories of five Westerners who encountered miracles both thrilling and terrifying through Ayahuasca. How can cosmopolitan urbanites cope with this destabilizing concoction?
* Daniel Pinchbeck – author of Breaking Open The Head: Psychedelics and Contemporary Shamanism and 2012: The Return of Quetzalcoatl
* Jamye Waxman – sexplorer, Playgirl advice columnist, “Sex and Spirit” podcaster
* Nat Bletter – ethnobotanist, explorer, herbal healer, author of Chocolate in Mesoamerica: A Cultural History of Cacao, on the psychoactive effects of chocolate
* Bill Kennedy – actor/storyteller and ayahuasca guardian
* Jonathan Phillips – founder of the NYC Gnostics, executive editor of Souldish.com
Admission is $10.00. Refreshments will be served. Q&A To Follow The Speakers
The Ayahuasca Monologues will convene in the cutting edge, tech-and-cultural venue EYEBEAM, located at 540 W. 21st St. between 10th & 11th Avenues in New York City.
“Ayahuasca is a visionary potion used by hundreds of tribes from Brazil to Ecuador that is reaching out to the modern world in a time of ecological crisis,” declares Daniel Pinchbeck. “It’s time to come out and get shamanized.”